There are so many products available to you, as the consumer, for dental hygiene. How do you navigate through it all? Below are some great tips on choosing the best toothbrush and toothpaste. #sweetwaterdentist
All toothbrushes are not created equal. There are so many shapes, sizes and styles available on the market so deciding which one to purchase can be a bit overwhelming. Here’s what to look for: Best Family Dentist Near Me Foley AL
- Almost all dental professionals will agree that a soft-bristled toothbrush is best for removing plaque and debris from the teeth and along the gum line. A small-headed toothbrush is usually also recommended. It can reach all areas of the mouth much easier, especially those hard to reach back teeth.
- Pick whatever shape and size you feel works best for you. The best one you can pick is one that fits your mouth and allows you to reach all your teeth easily.
- An electric toothbrush, for many, is the best choice. It can do a better job of cleaning the teeth, especially for those who may struggle brushing or have limited dexterity.
- Replace your toothbrush when it starts to show wear and tear. This is typically around the 3 month mark. Best Family Dentist Near Me Foley AL
- Make sure your child is using the right toothbrush. The wrong kind can damage gums. All children should be using a soft, nylon bristled toothbrush.
Unless your dentist tells you something different, you should always be using a toothpaste that contains fluoride. Fluoride helps to strengthen the outer tooth enamel. If there is an allergy to fluoride or other medical conditions, find a different toothpaste. Be sure to speak to your dentist or doctor before making any switches. Best Family Dentist Near Me Foley AL
When it comes to buying toothpaste for your child, look for one that contains fluoride and also has an appealing taste. When picking a toothpaste, look for the benefits. An example is if you are looking to whiten your teeth, then look for a toothpaste that says whitening toothpaste. #downbythebay Or if you have sensitive teeth, find a toothpaste that is formulated for sensitive teeth.
Down by the Bay