As we age, we get wiser…..and we also get our “wisdom teeth”. Your mouth will change throughout your life, and a big change that happens between the ages of 17 and 21 is when the 3rd molars appear. These molars are known as the “wisdom” teeth because they do not come until a more mature age.
When they come in correctly, these teeth can benefit you and help you chew. You may experience some discomfort when they first appear, but if any pain appears, you need to see your dentist right away. Dental Care Near Me Robertsdale AL
The wisdom teeth can lead to problems if there isn’t enough space in the mouth or if they come in the wrong position in the mouth. If your dentist says the words “impacted” this means they are trapped in your jaw or under your gums. When they make their way through the gums, your dentist will be monitoring your mouth for the following signs: #sweetwaterdentist
- Wisdom Teeth that aren’t in the right position.
- Wisdom Teeth that haven’t come in properly.
- Wisdom Teeth that have only partially come through.
- A mouth that doesn’t have enough room for the wisdom teeth. #downbythebay
- A wisdom tooth that is impacted.
Why you may need to have them removed! Every patient is unique, but in general, the wisdom teeth may need to be removed when there is evidence of changes in the mouth like:
- Cysts Dental Care Near Me Robertsdale AL
- Damage to any neighboring teeth
- Gum Disease
- Tooth Decay
Down by the Bay