Tips For A Healthy Mouth
- Twice A Day: Brush your teeth and gums twice a day! Morning and Evening and always use a soft toothbrush.
- Clean: Crowns and Bridgework needs to be cleaned daily. Your Dentist would have shown you how to care for your dental work. Flossers, picks, or interdental brushes can be used to clean around and under crowns and bridgework.
- Dentures: If you have dentures or partial dentures, rinse them after each meal and clean them everyday with a soft toothbrush.
- Drinks and Foods: Stay away from sugary drinks and foods. Having high sugars or starches will increase your risk of tooth decay. #Downbythebay
- Dry Mouth: If you struggle with dry mouth, this increases your risk of tooth decay. Dry mouth symptoms can be relieved with water, saliva substitute product, or a sugar free lozenge. Speak to your dentist or physician if you struggle with dry mouth.
- Caregivers: If you have a loved one being taken care of by a caregiver, make sure your loved one is getting the oral hygiene care then need. #sweetwaterdentist
- Dentist: Don’t skip out on those routine dental exams! Dental Office in Robertsdale AL
Did You know?
- One in every 4 older adults have untreated tooth decay.
- If you want to prevent tooth decay and gum disease, this is an everyday activity!
- If you have teeth that have exposed root surfaces, these are at a higher risk of decay.
- Struggling with dry mouth can be a side effect of medications or a sign of a health condition. This may lead to dental decay and difficulty eating. Dental Office in Robertsdale AL
Down by the Bay